Peace, Love and awareness
How it all started?
I was introduced to Yoga when I was a practicing Homeopathic Physician working in India. I learned the Iyengar style of yoga and quickly understood the value of Yoga in healing and how it would complement the medicines that I was prescribing. Shortly there after I got married and relocated to the USA. A few months into my stay in the USA I fell ill. I visited a number of doctors, however my illness continued and the diagnosis kept changing. Eventually, I was diagnosed with an extreme case of endometriosis and was informed that I would never bear children. I was heartbroken but with the support of my family and friends started looking at ways to deal with my illness while continuing with my life. I deepened my practice of yoga and started seeing an improvement in my physical and emotional well-being. Over a period of time, I was able to completely recover and gave birth to healthy boys who are now 14 years and 9 years. My own personal experience raised my awareness of the sacredness of life and I have focused on sharing the gift of yoga with others, ever since. Having a medical background has helped me appreciate the beneficial therapeutic effects of yoga practice on our gross and sublte body levels. I feel fortunate that I found a meaningful and fulfilling purpose to my existence as I share this love and passion of yoga practice with my students.
- Bachelors in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery from Pune , India.
- Masters in Public Health from UIC , Chicago
- 200 Hour teacher training from Temple of Kriya Yoga , Chicago
- 300 Hour teacher training from Rishikesh Yoga Peeth , Rishikesh , India.
- Vipassana Meditation 10 day silent retreat from Alandi , Pune , India.
- Sidha Samadhi Yoga 21 day retreat from Pune, India
- Art of Living Course , Pune , India.
- Kids Yoga certification from Total Body Yoga , Mundelein , Illinios
- Training in Iyenger yoga for 6 months with Ali Dasti from Iyengar Institute of Pune, India